Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The latest from L.A.M.B and Heatherette

Recently, there have been fashion weeks held in cities all over the world. I have picked 2 designers to show. L.A.M.B, and Heatherette.


http://l-a-m-b.com/ There seems to be a lot of black and white shown. The patterns on the items are very interesting.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The way the checks are on this outfit end up having the focal point right at the chest in the middle.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It’s the same with this outfit too with the almost like bulls eye effect. It also seems to be see through lace (or at least the black lace is). I’m not a big fan of either of these.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I personally love the first dress. The over-sized gingham is fun and the tulle underneath adds volume as well as girly-ness.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I don’t get this outfit. I’ve noticed those bottoms before, and they also appear in Michael Kors collection (but in lime green). I have no idea what they are and were anyone would wear them, but I guess that is runway fashion for you. Some outfits shown on runways have no place to wear them.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This last look I have chosen to show from L.A.M.B is gorgeous. It looks like it would have a lot of movement at the bottom.


http://www.heatherette.com/ The runway seems to be very playful in the background with the American flag and butterflies.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It’s a very interesting dress. It’s a great colour palate they used.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This dress is busy but not in an over the top kind of way. The colours are great but it’s very short (or the model has extremely long legs).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The dress in the first picture is very old style homemaker wife. That’s the first thing that comes to my mind is old advertisements with a perfect housewife with a perfect smile and the perfect dress. This is like the modern version.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I am slightly speechless with this outfit. Is that a one piece with pant? I just really do not like it. It seems one pieces with pants have been on the runway with other designers too like Stella McCartney.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This last one is very 4th of July. It’s a red, white and blue outfit. There are the high waist bottoms that seem to be in many lines.


I would definitely say L.A.M.B is my favourite out of the two. Heatherette does seem to be showcasing outfits that are more high fashion. Remember these are only two designers I chose to show and these are my comments on what I think.

No comments: