Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rachel Bilson's Edie Rose

Rachel Bilson has teamed up with DKNY Jeans to create her very own clothing line.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
What is interesting is that Bilson contacted DKNY Jeans, and not the other way around. “Fans of ‘The O.C.’ really like DKNY Jeans, and I know they make great stuff, so I thought it could be good,” she explained.


Set to be called Edie Rose for DKNY Jeans (named after her grandmother and a family friend) the collection will be a fashion forward junior sportswear line set to hit stores this September. Consisting of 15 sportswear pieces, it will include button-down tops, sweaters, jackets, T-shirts, dresses and straight leg and skinny leg dark denim jeans. The mostly black and white colour palette will be offset by pops of yellow, said to be inspired by a yellow scarf Bilson owns.
“I have a yellow scarf that I love and I was really inspired by it,” Bilson said. “This line is my main focus right now,” she said. “I can’t draw at all, so I won’t be doing any sketches, but I am learning to sew. I think it’s important to know more about the whole process of making clothes.”
The Edie Rose for DKNY Jeans collection will be between $19.50 and $49.50 per piece.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Joined by models, Fabienne Vanderhaeghen, Regina Feoktistova and Giedre Dukaskaite, Bilson was photographed by Mikael Jansson modeling a chic black dress belted down with a red belt with a funky vest. At first glance, the line is edgy with Bilson’s relaxed style showing through in each of the pieces.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The collection will launch in the beginning of September in stores like Macy’s, Dillard’s and Nordstrom.
“I want people to see these clothes for what they are, not just another line designed by another celebrity,” she said. “I want the line to be taken seriously.”
“I am just amazed at how the team at DKNY Jeans were able to listen to my ideas and come out with exactly what I was talking about. They literally brought my ideas to life,” Rachel added. “I also want to show people that you don’t have to pay a million dollars for clothes that look good. For me, I love vintage clothes and I shop vintage all the time. It’s fun to play and put things together. You don’t have to spend a lot to get a great look.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: